What could I expect from an E-3 (over an E-520)?

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
vadimraskin Veteran Member • Posts: 3,596
Re: What could I expect from an E-3 (over an E-520)?

goblin wrote:

Just go for an E-30 (if you want to get all the improvements and then some of the E-3, minus weather proofing), or for an E-600/E-620 (which will give you a more polished user experience). I'd skip the E-3 altogether, if image quality is the only concern.

Of course, the E-3 is an overall better camera, but putting too much money in the upgrade is pointless. I can not see such an upgrade costing you less than $300, which is more or less the price of a used 50mm 2.0 lens or an FL-50R flash, or all sort of other things which will have more impact on your photos than switching from an E-520 to an E-3.

+1

I went from E-510 to E-30 and it is a lot better in terms of VF and lay-out of controls and available options. IQ is better too but mainly because I can see better of what I am taking a picture of :). Fine AF adjustments to each lens help too, especially for prime lenses. I bought mine for $550 on this site and never regretted. No weather seal is a minus but you can't have everything.
Good luck!

vadimraskin's gear list:vadimraskin's gear list
Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow