Sweep panorama fz200

Started Aug 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
morepix
morepix Veteran Member • Posts: 9,742
FZ200: A case of multiple personality disorder?

Looking into the Panorama Shot mode, and browsing adjacent material in the manual, it seems to me that the FZ200 is trying to be the Swiss Army Knife of cameras. By that I mean that it offers not only a wide range of features for the photographer who just wants to take some good pictures, then adds lots of stuff that may be fun but at the cost of straight image quality. I refer to the 17 scene modes and the 14 "creative control" modes.

I suppose there's nothing wrong with that unless the firmware is size-limited, or the engineering effort is resource-limited -- in which case additional features that might further enhance IQ (can you think of any?!) may be getting short shrift to accommodate the fun stuff. (I can think of one: some technical hocus-pocus that would improve continuous autofocus in a camera that starts out as CDAF. Doesn't one camera out there in the market offer a hybrid CDAF/PDAF system? Would you go for that in the FZ?)

There are some amazing apps for doing strange things with photos taken with the iPhone. Would a "straight" FZ-whatever plus an iPhone be a better solution?

morepix (a.k.a. The Old Mossback)
--
http://www.pbase.com/morepix

morepix's gear list:morepix's gear list
Sony RX100 VA Ricoh GR III Fujifilm X100V
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow