Capture One Pro 6 for half price €114,50!

Started Aug 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady Forum Pro • Posts: 12,898
Re: My observations

henry wl wrote:

I did a lot of tests on my D800E raw files during the past weekend and eventually bought C1.

C1 has very good default sharpen, pictures are much sharper and with more resolutions from very beginning. I tried to trick my LR4 to the same level, but no matter how I tried, I could't match LR4's result with C1's, or ended up with much more noisy pictures.

I've seen that on screen, but I can't see it in a 20x30" print from an Epson 7800. The D800E produces a 20x30" print at 240 ppi. This is said to be a good resolution for the 7800, as is 360 ppi. I still have more testing to do to verify this impression.

On the other hand, LR4's new Hightlight/White/Shadow/Black sliders are much better than C1's High Dynamic Range sliders. LR4 reveals highlights and shadows but still maintains good local contrast, while adjust of the high dynamic sliders on C1 makes pictures either very flat or not enough recovery of highlight/shadow details.

That is what I found. Theodoros Fotometria claimed that C1 was better at recovering shadow detail, but I found Lightroom 4.1 to be much better.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow