"Magical" colors: is 5D3 closer to 5D than 5D2 was?

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shaun_Nyc
Shaun_Nyc Senior Member • Posts: 2,279
Re: OK, how about this one from the wedding?

Press Correspondent wrote:

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

So you as a guest/third shooter (friend) setup two soft boxes to shoot this image from of another guest (it seems) across a table ? Do you really expect me to beleive that ? What strobs were you using and what soft boxes ? What triggers etc ? Do you have some more images to share

Yes Sir, I have no reason to lie. I had little idea of the level of the wedding pros in Siberia, so I brought my gear just in case the main guy doesn't work out. He used 5D with 24-70 and 70-200/2.8, 580EX through a white umbrella, a video light, and a a gold reflector that did not work producing tears in the bride.The ETA for his photos is 4 months.

I used 5D with 24-105, 100L, 50/1.4. and 17-40, 600EX-RT with LumiQuest BigBounce on top and 580EX with Lumiquest SoftBox III to the left both on a StroboFrame bracket plus 430EX-II on a stand for the background. Native Canon optical sync. I also had two Bolt power packs, but did not use them, although they would help a lot at the fast paced official ceremony. Four 8-GB CF cards, 60 rechargeable AA batteries, etc., 22 lbs total in the LowePro MiniTrekker.

I took 2,000 shots total on the wedding day and night. My goal is to get a couple hundred out of them for the family album. I can post some more, but the problem is that there is no such thing as a model release in Siberia and all these guys know where I live

I give you credit for going through the trouble but I think you could use some fast lens for available light shooting. As far as speedlight left etc I dont see any shadows or seperation of the two so I said it looks on camera. Get a pair of pocket wizards and start playing w those. IR is lame. Maybe look into a seconic if your serious about teaching yourself off camera. Maybe join a local strobist club. Good luck & be well

Shaun_Nyc's gear list:Shaun_Nyc's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
pso
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow