D800 - 10 pin connection broken straight out of the box (photos)

Started Aug 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nick 2004 Regular Member • Posts: 478
D800 - 10 pin connection broken straight out of the box (photos)

After a fairly long wait I received my D800 on Thursday 9/8 (Australia). On Saturday in the semi-darkness I set up for a landscape shoot and attempted to connect my remote to the 10 pin socket. I normally don't need to look at the socket when putting the remote in, and this was the first time I'd removed the cover. The remote wouldn't grab on anything. When I had a look at the connection I saw that it was recessed below the thread and offset to the side. I gently put a small screwdriver into the connection and found that it was loose and able to be moved around.

I was bitterly disappointed as I wanted to use bulb for the shoot but was unable to. I intend on taking it back to the store tomorrow to see if it can be fixed easily (they are a repair centre). I know they will exchange it if I ask but they are only receiving a camera every now and then at the moment, and I am heading away on Tuesday for a week-long landscape shoot. Needless to say I'm disappointed to have an issue like this straight out of the box.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow