Problem with Canon 550EX speedlite
My trusty Speedlite 550EX no longer wants to work in ETTL mode: when I switch it to what should be ETTL mode, it shows only TTL (without the E). Autozoom doesn't work anymore either, and I can also no longer dial in any EV compensation or enable HSS.
So, basically, it's now a manual only flash. I already cleaned the contacts on the flash foot, replaced the batteries, and tried it on all my cameras (1000D, 5D, 1Ds), but it stubbornly stays in TTL.
It is still usefull for strobist work (it's OK in M mode), but I would like to have it working again on camera as well.
Anybody out there with a solution ?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%