I used to live in BC with family in Shawnigan Lake (hour north of Victoria) and spent quite a bit of time in the area.
You can do some very neat day trips to surrounding islands such as Salt Spring Island (via ferry) with great opportunities for killer whales. For the more adventurous, sign up for a kayak camping trip and catch a wide variety of ocean creatures!
J.Gunn - Nova Scotia, Canada
"There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing."
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO