New Firmware - WTF

Started Aug 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paul Pasco
Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 5,746
Re: New Firmware - WTF

Photo Pete wrote:

Paul Pasco wrote:

Photo Pete wrote:

How is that meant to be an improvement? Why not 1/125 sec, F5.6, ISO3200 or even 1/60sec, f5.6, ISO1600?

Well, if the exposure was right at 1/15, f8, it aint gonna be right at 1/125 f5.6. That's one stop brighter aperture and three stops faster shutter speed. Maybe you mean 1/30 f5.6? Anyway, in auto ISO, the camera is always going to favor the shutter speed before ISO which is why I wish there were an A1600 choice; sometimes 3200 is just too noisy.

I was suggesting it should have raised the iso too. My figures are correct I hope.

Sorry, I missed that the photo was taken at ISO800, all I saw was that you had the camera on A3200. But when I tried a shot in my living room just now at A3200 on an overcast rainy day with window light only, the camera chose ISO3200 and f5.6 every time with shutter speeds varying between 1/8-1/30 depending on where I pointed the camera. You're sure you are in P mode and auto ISO? My camera is behaving as I would expect and I don't know what to tell you.

Pretty sure I didn't nudge the toggle switch, but even if I had f5.6 at 1/30 sec is still too slow for the long end of the 30-110 or for even slow subject movement.

What's the point of setting A3200 if the camera only uses iso 800 whilst risking blurred images?

-- hide signature --

Have Fun
Photo Pete

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul

Lili's Dad

-- hide signature --

Have Fun
Photo Pete

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul

Lili's Dad

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +17 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow