How long is D800/E Service taking?

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
GMack Senior Member • Posts: 2,928
Re: How long is D800/E Service taking?--Parts Hold

William Neal wrote:

I just received my D800 back with no explanation of what was done while in repair. So once again, I called Nikon service and asked what was done to my camera. The rep told me re-calibration and cleaning of the focusing system. I said when I spoke to a different rep two days ago when my camera was on parts hold, he said parts were coming in from Japan. Today the rep said no parts were replaced sometimes the status is changed to parts hold when it is waiting for a tech to work on it. Sounds like a load of crap to me but I will take a few shots during lunch today and see what I get.

Good luck with your test, and fingers crossed.

Getting followup info out of any service is pointless as is my car dealership. Just a check-sheet and who knows what the mechanic really did or what bolts he stripped out. One time I left after service and the car suddenly shot up to 80 MPH due to some misplaced accelerator spring that fell off. So much for their "test ride" post-fix. Least they did do something to it for make me take notice of.

Mack

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow