Off-camera cord for Oly

Started Aug 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Anthony Curcione Regular Member • Posts: 311
Off-camera cord for Oly

So I read somewhere on these boards that one could use Canon OCF cords for Oly flashes and this was half true. Canon OCF cord will fire Oly flashes even in TTL... But don't expect to be able to be able to control one flash (600R) via the cable to RC another flash (50R) wirelessly. I can't explain why...

As long as the 600R is in the shoe it can fire the 50R just fine. Or if I use the little included flash with the OM-D to fire both it mostly works, provided I have the angle right. But every single time I fire the 600R via the OCF I get NO response whatsoever from the 50R. I half expect this, but like others pointed out theres one pin difference so what can go wrong?

It's a good thing today's session was with a mannequin trying to learn how the new system handles and not with a paying client. That would have been even more painful than it was.

Sorry for the rant. Just needed to vent a bit.

Anthony Curcione's gear list:Anthony Curcione's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow