Needs help on a T1i

Started Aug 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
photonius Veteran Member • Posts: 6,835
Re: Needs help on a T1i

Simon21 wrote:

My daughter had a T1i (500D) for 18 months and has always been complaining about the color (or lack of it) of her pictures with it. She just visited us with her camera, I tried it and indeed portraits look rather washed out with it. She shoots only with the kit lens (18-55mm) and JPEGs only (do not ask why she uses a DSLR...) I tried RAW and the pictures look about the same.

the key about raw is, if you just load them with dpp, it will use the same picture as default as the in camera setting for in camera jpg.

All compact camera images are a lot more processed than dSLR pictures to make them pop. So, just adjust styles in the camera to your liking. Also, an existing jpgs can be modified too to increase contrast, saturation, sharpness etc.

It's also possible that the current style in the camera was set to ,e.g, "neutral", which makes them even blander.

I used it with some of my lenses (50mm 1.4 and 70-200mm 2.8 IS II) with same results.
I am having problems to upload pictures so I cannot show examples at this time.

I do not know if it is something fixable with different settings or similar. Is this a common problem with this camera?

Thanks for your help,
Simon

-- hide signature --

Life is short, time to zoom in ©

photonius's gear list:photonius's gear list
Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow