Hot shoe JJC MSA-10 - test photos

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
fabianbono
fabianbono Regular Member • Posts: 190
Re: Hot shoe JJC MSA-10

Nuwanda Mugabe wrote:

Thanks fabiano for clarification and what a great work you do with your mod. I will try persuade my friend to made one for me. My soldering skills are pretty awfull so I am sunked.

Thanks, just need a lot of patience,a very good pair of eyes (or a good magnifier glass!!!) and a tight pulse on your hands.
All the mod can be done on a single day.

Henrikw wrote:

This hotshoe is exactly what I've been looking for - I think.
Can I use it with my Canon 580EX II and/or 480EX?!?
Any issues using these flashes on manual settings with the 5N?

For sure you can, any flash with standard middle connection point on the shoe will work.
Just be sure it make the proper contact.

Henrikw wrote:

Hmmm. Yes, they do show a Nikon flash. Don't Nikon and Canon flashes have different connection points? Well, I ordered it, so fingers crossed it will work with Canon

Only Sony/Minolta flashes will not work since the shoe is different, but even that you can use a shoe adapter.

Both Canon and Nikon have the central fire pin on center as you can see on previous Knallberto entry on this same post.

The other pins are for TTL, wake up, etc, all custom signals from each vendor, to perform the TTL, eTTL, etc.

Of course this minds only you can use Manual mode on your flashes, or if it have the function, the Auto mode (internal light measure and power cut off, not camera depending, as many old flashes from the '80s), but I prefer the full manual mode to control the lighting.

fabianbono's gear list:fabianbono's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-C3 Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
wll
wll
wll
wll
wll
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow