iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

Started Jul 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Abrak Veteran Member • Posts: 4,130
Re: iPad Photosmith app, Lightroom plugin, and iPad filenames

Yes, what Photosmith calls the 'proxy jpeg workflow'. Actually this is just 'perfect for me' because it was always how I envisaged 'eye-fi' working with ipad. Jpegs going to the ipad for immediate 'access and viewing' as well as 'sorting'. Editing to be done in LR+ on 'picked' RAW files.

I obviously had a headstart in terms of setup from your excellent post but even so ran into a number of difficulties.

1) The photosmith LR plug-in didnt recognize my ipad. I had to reconfigure the port from 8080 to 8081.

2) The photosmith App didnt recognize my Eye-fi card. (It might have been reconfigured wrong to begin with but even when configured correctly no luck.) Needed to re-search for the ipad within the photosmith plug-in LR with eye-fi tab open.

Incidentally photosmith's use of the camera roll (and the drawback that I have to delete there) doesnt in fact bother me. My edited photos I upload to Flickr and keep on my ipad through 'portfolio pro' (which downloads from Flickr) and doesnt use the camera roll at all (and allows in App delete).

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow