D800 battery life is shocking, is this faulty or something please help?

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
primeshooter
OP primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 4,315
Really really weird battery readout?

Okay, definitely something very strange happening here. I've got the battery down to 15 percent. (where I have usually charged as it has 1 bar at that point - never looked in the menu just noticed the one bar and thought "charge time").

What I am noticing though is that the last 15 percent is taking an eternity to drain this last amount. I've been shooting video for about 20 mins here and still got 2 percent. So it seems the battery might come back to life after a few full discharges. Still a little concerned by this age 1 battery thing though? I'm now down at 1 percent and have liveview on - it's not draining and still going it's been on 1% for 5 minutes now with liveview on and the LCD lit up full...keep checking it and it's still on 1% what is going on here!

In the manual it says if the symbol "CAL" appears you can press calibrate to fix the battery. I feel I almost need this but it won't appear LOL. Typical!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow