7D or 5D mark 2

Started Aug 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Phil
Phil Veteran Member • Posts: 3,138
Re: 7D or 5D mark 2

nofumble wrote:

I dont have any lens or equipment right now>

Have you considered the Rebel T2i -T4i? They have same sensor as the 7D at half the price. Start with them first, then decide if you want to carry a bigger camera like 7D or 5DII.

Which is good point; the cameras you are considering have tough magnesium bodies and water resistant seals so they stand up to the rigors of professional use. These features add to the reliability and the cost of the camera but not necessarily to image quality. To achieve overall toughness and water resistance these camera must use “L” series glass which also designates them as the highest optical quality as well.

When I was in your position I started purchasing L glass that I ran on an entry level body. Only one of my original Ls needed updating as my skill improved but I’m on my 5th body. Since the body can only record the light provided by the lens it’s often best to make great glass a priority first.

-- hide signature --

Phil Agur

5DMKII - 7D Dual Body Bag - Go 'L' and don't look back!

Got 7D? See http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=3167

Phil's gear list:Phil's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow