Is 24-70 II worth the price

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ben_Egbert Forum Pro • Posts: 20,228
Re: Yes, buy the 5D3 & 24-70 II

Rick Knepper wrote:

DerStig wrote:

I actually do know how to use the flash and I'm pretty good at it. But the shots don't compare the ones with natural light.

Not that I do a lot of indoor shooting, but I've gotten very nice results with a very slow 24-105 and bounce flash using a 550. Of course, YMMV.

I think 5d3 is a no brainer. The AF points is good enough for me. The problem with 24-70 is, I did rent one once for my T2i and results were not very impressing (my sigma was sharper and better colors indoors).

Bear in mind that you will have several stops more of usable ISO with the 5D3 as well.

Me too, and I would want it if it were manual focus. I just need a zoom that's as sharp as MF primes I am now using in that range. I want the composition flexibility.

I have been selling L lenses for 80% to over 100% of what I paid for them. I am not worried too much about the price of a good lens.

I'm talking about the 24-70 II not the old one. I am very excited by this release.

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

-- hide signature --

What I see when I open the image and view it at 100% is very important to my overall attitude toward a final print. When I look at the print I know what’s there and what I had to do to get there. For me, good enough does not work.

http://ben-egbert.smugmug.com/

Ben

Ben_Egbert's gear list:Ben_Egbert's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
(unknown member)
HSU
BAK
BAK
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow