Follow up to 1DX repair

Started Aug 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BRUCEK56 Contributing Member • Posts: 858
Follow up to 1DX repair

Hi,

The cf door on my 2 hour old 1DX received last week would not snap closed and would just flap around.
I sent it to the Canon Repair Facility in Jamesburg this past Monday.

I had used the camera last weekend (with a work around to get the door to stay shut) and took about a 1000 pictures at a family reunion and block party. After viewing the photos I was little surprised I was not getting more keepers (single shot) than my 1D Mark lll. I figured I was just still getting used to the camera.

I decided to request Canon to check the accuracy of the af points as long as they had the camera to repair the door.

I must compliment them that I received the camera back today! That is a turn-around of only 4 days!
The door is repaired and works great.

A little more disconcerting was the repair order I received about checking the af points.

It reads as follows: "Your product has been examined and it was found that due to an "other cause" in the assembly causing inaccurate autofocus from time to time". "Electrical adjustments were carried out on the af assembly".

I guess it was a good thing the cf door needed repair!.......because it might have taken me quite some time to realize the problem was with the camera and not me!

Bruce

BRUCEK56

BRUCEK56's gear list:BRUCEK56's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Canon PowerShot G7 X Leica Q Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 7D Mark II +5 more
Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow