How long is D800/E Service taking?

Started Aug 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ne beginner Senior Member • Posts: 2,149
Maybe you will be lucky ... Melville disgrace

Sent mine in around the same time as you ... got it back last week. B1 repair. Left to right seems fixed ... BUT the camera is FF so much it needs a +20 on a perfect 70-200 that has never needed any fine tuning. Two other lenses that are also perfect now need +12 and +15. The 70-200 is also not as sharp as it was on this body.

Hope you get lucky. The tech that did mine had no pride what so ever: either they were too lazy to check out the repair properly, or just did not care and threw it in a box. Even worse, there's manager that is not setting the bar, demanding excellence.

I'll accept a manufacturing defect, with the expectation that Nikon deals with the issue in a timely and thorough manner. I asked if they were able to correct this situation before I sent it in, and stated I will wait if they are not prepared. They said send it in.

There is no excuse possible for sending it back to the customer not 100% perfect, and it they can't, they should be clear in that as well. I'd rather they keep it a few more days, even a week, rather than have to start all over. By the time I send it back, and get it back, it'll be 3 weeks the first time, a week testing and back forth BS with Nikon, another 3 weeks, and for what could be just another waste of time.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D750 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow