Ansel Adams Challenge

Started Jul 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
mschf
mschf Veteran Member • Posts: 8,091
Re: As the host of the series...

MouraPhoto wrote:

Mixed messages?

Yes, you say the idea is to mimick somebody work. Mschf says that's not the idea. So yes, mixed messages.

Pardon for chiming in but I was mentioned... this shouldn't be a reason for mixed messages, I never stated what the real message was or wasn't supposed to be (how would I know, I didn't create the challenge or host it), I only stated that since the word "mimic" was never included in the HCB challenge, I supposed that, since it (nor any other words/phrases that may strongly suggest some form of "copying" or "imitating" -- be it style, recreating a scene, etc.) wasn't, then to me "mimicking" was not a requirement in that challenge. That's my conclusion from reading the rules, whether it agreed with what the hosts had in mind, I wouldn't know. I'm not one of the "messengers", especially given that when that challenge was created and right up until it finished, I had no involvement in it apart from voting.

-- hide signature --

~ Martin

mschf's gear list:mschf's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow