I am looking to expand my lens for some low light capability.
I already have the Canon 15-85, which is a great lens, but not meant for low light and indoor shooting.
I read that Canon 17-55 is fabulous but I don't want to spend that much considering this will not be my walk around lens but more of a supplement I am looking at the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 which has very good reviews and is ~$400.
There are 2 versions
TAMRON 17-50mm XR f/2.8 Di II
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD
The VC is about $100 more but I heard that its not as good as the non VC.
I do not typically shoot with a tripod and this is going to be used mainly for indoors and low light.
Is this a good lens? is the Sigma 17-50 worth the extra $200?
Should I go for the VC option? do you think it will make a difference?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%