Is 24-70 II worth the price

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 15,529
Yes, buy the 5D3 & 24-70 II

But you should still learn to use your flash correctly. Sometimes, the available light simply sucks.

DerStig wrote:

Before you jump the gun and tell me to google, my circumstances are unique.

• I am buying a new 5d Mark III, this will be my first full frame (currently own a T2i with 30 mm F1.4 sigma)

• I want to have only 1 lens for a long time which should cover as many use cases as possible, after using the 30 mm prime, I can say I'm done with primes, its just too much work for me.

99% of the work I do is family related and of that 80% of it is my 19 month old daughter running around (and she is extremely active!) and me trying to get good shots. Prime lens is extremely difficult, and T2i in low light (even with that extremely fast prime) not good enough. So I want to dump everything I have, get the 5d mark III with a decent zoom and no flash (I am spending all this money so that I get good light performance and I absolutely don't want flash [currently have 430X Speedlite]).

I could get a 24-70 1 and get a 70-200 with IS for the outdoor shots (we go to the beach a lot and I always want to take pictures of her when she is running around the water without getting too close), or I could get the new 24-70 and not get another lens for a year or so (or until I can pay off all of this stuff!).

What does everyone think?

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, non-professional, shooting for pleasure, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Pentax smc D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW Pentax DA645 28-45mm F4.5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
(unknown member)
HSU
BAK
BAK
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow