Finally got angry about lack of 35mm equivalent

Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,541
Re: Finally got angry about lack of 35mm equivalent

odobo wrote:

is it me or its just kind of sad to see people opening a post saying "I cant live without such and such lens".... does a 35mm lens really make that much difference to your photograph? really? day and night difference that will instantly make it a money shot?

Maybe. I had a thought while looking through some of the responses. What other lens is Chris using? There's a 3rd party tool that will go through your photos and graph how many are at each focal length. I say, use the kit lens for a while, then scan your photos to see how many really are at 24mm.

And, besides, the kit lens is probably at its best at 24mm.

its like people are just addicted to something instead of actually trying to take a photo with their cameras... thats sad

We can push for some perfection, but at some point we have to live with what is good enough for the purpose. What that point is will differ for each of us.
--
Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow