Finally got angry about lack of 35mm equivalent

Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
GaryW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,541
Re: let's see your work with any Nex 22-24mm

Dennis wrote:

chris blaubac wrote:

I don't understand your response at all, and I'm not too keen on the intimations of poor technique.

..... Asking "If Canon can do it, why can't Sony" is irrelevant because there's no reason to believe Sony can't; they've simply prioritized a number of other lenses. (You might as well ask if Sony can come out with a 16mm pancake on day 1, why can't Canon ?)

Actually, I bought the Nex almost on day 1, and the 16mm was not yet available.

Note to Chris: See, I don't think it's hostility so much as we like to argue.

Personally, I'm finding myself increasingly tempted to throw in the towel on all the ILCs and pick up an RX100 as a compact alternative to my DSLR If I can't get the lenses I want anyway, I might as well go whole hog on the compact aspect of it.

Years ago, I met someone selling used camera equipment who said he decided to just go with a 5mp (at that time, not unreasonable) compact. In daylight, he had no trouble getting fine 8x10 prints. I dunno, I wasn't going to argue with him. However, since the time I've had my DSLR, I've grabbed compacts for travel, and in daylight I might have more blown highlights (less DR) and when light is low, it's blurry. Sometimes high ISO is unusable. Really, at least the larger sensor of the RX100 might bridge the gap enough to not be so much of a compromise.

• Dennis

-- hide signature --
-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha NEX-5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow