Microfour thirds and compact cameras

Started Aug 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
randomafk New Member • Posts: 11
Microfour thirds and compact cameras

Hey guys,

I currently have a budget around ~$600 and am looking to get started with photography. I'd been playing around with DSLRs for a bit, but quite honestly, I can't justify their size.

I spend a lot of my day walking and I prefer to do so without any bags on me. And if I don't bring a camera around with me, I won't be able to practice and really get good at photography. So one of my highest priorities is whether it's pocketable

I've been eyeing the RX100 but it's also a kit lens. Are there any drawbacks to this for a beginner? Other cameras I've been interested in are in the line of sony NEX 4/3rds and olympus pens. What has been the experience of people with these? Is it possible to really make those pocketable?

If I'm forced into the situation of only getting compatc/point and shoot cameras like the rx100, what other cameras should I be looking at?

Thanks for all the help!

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow