Finally got angry about lack of 35mm equivalent

Started Jul 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jefenator
Jefenator Senior Member • Posts: 2,407
Re: Don't bother getting angry...

That Canon 22mm is very intriguing to me. I would almost be tempted to get that kit as a standalone pocketable DSLR rival. (Especially after Canon puts out some more serious MILC bodies and the price goes down...)

But if Sony's Zeiss outclasses the Canon optically, I would probably prefer that for my N7. (Once it becomes available again, not from a scalper...)

And it looks like Sony has a walkabout pancake zoom due soon. So I could just get one of those and then my N7 would also do the pocketable trick. (As long as optics are going to be software-correction-dependent, might as well have zoom...)

I do undersand the frustration over basic primes for e-mount. Especially when the established DSLRs offer the common primes at fairly modest prices (50mm f/1.8s are super cheap). But they lack the MILC advantages (and the FF bodies cost a whole lot more).

Always another compromise... (good thing I'm having such a ball with the old legacy glass :))

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Canon EOS M +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow