Is 24-70 II worth the price

Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
graphikal Senior Member • Posts: 2,783
An actual analogy...

... (to continue your car parallel) would be:

"I've got a Ford Focus, and I can't seem to stop driving off the road when it rains or there are other imperfect driving conditions. Using correct driving techniques is just too much work for me. 99% of the driving I do is getting to the store and back, and other family-related tasks. My Ford Focus is obviously not good enough. So I want to dump my Ford Focus, and get a car that will warn me when I'm going off the road, and have other features that will turn me into an adequate driver. Thus I am buying a BMW on credit, after selling my Ford Focus which is paid off."

Of course, this analogy is still imperfect because people often buy cars on credit. Though overspending on a car on credit still shows poor judgment, it's not as silly as buying camera gear outside one's budget in order to fix one's technique.

Your posts show some serious misconceptions about photography basics:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1029&message=42148492

This is why you'd be better off first to work on your knowledge and technique. If after doing that you want to run up your credit cards to buy more expensive gear, though legions of people shoot family photos happily and capably with the sort of gear you already own, then that's your choice. It'd still be foolish, but at least it'd be better informed.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
BAK
(unknown member)
HSU
BAK
BAK
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow