Identify this flower/plant
Thank You for responding, and you are correct about my not knowing what it is. I was with my Brother in Law which knows most of the plants and he is on the road again near the Saw Tooth Range.
I am by no means an expert, but it looks like a flowered plant, perhaps one of the Ranunculus family. I assume that you don't know the answer, so more information would be helpful for identification of the plant. So,
1) are the (green) leaves from the plant shown in the picture and which ones are they?
Yes the leafs just below the blooms with the three nodes.
2) Were there many of this plant or was that the only one?
There were only three of the plants in bloom but a few more with only the stalk left.
3) What other plants grew next to it?
I can't really answer that, as I don't know what they were called either.
4) What was the microclimate like in the exact spot where you found it compared to area next to it (temperature, humidity, light).
Temp was about 70 degrees, humidity approximately 60%, Very shady side of the road and these were close to the road.
5) Approximate elevation from the sea would also be helpful information.
Elevation near 4000 feet. Located in the Bitterroot Mountains near McGee Ranger Station in Panhandle National Forest in N. Idaho.
Two more pics, the second with flash.
Visit my gallery at http://www.poperotzy.smugmug.com
View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!