Started Jul 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TigrouMeow
TigrouMeow Forum Member • Posts: 71
Taking photos for my company

Hello!

I usually shoot landscapes, interiors (abandoned places mostly) and sometimes portraits (outside almost always using natural light) but this time I have been offered a completely new challenge : shooting the employees in my company, as well as meetings... and of course I have to plan those things and to be a bit creative (to avoid clichés like some employee showing a boring whiteboard).

I intend to use a SB-910, mostly the 24-70 but also the 14-24 and the 85mm 1.4. I am still wondering why I should use a tripod (but probably I don't?). I cannot afford anything else and my company will not spend extra money for this shooting (as it is a bit considered as an "experiment"). I will use my lovely D800 (which unfortunately has the left AF focus).

I am thinking of shooting a few scenes outside: those aren't an issue at all. But inside, it is a different game (small meeting room for 5 persons, bigger ones with 25 people, good looking room with a huge window and a view on the whole Tokyo...). Do you have a few hints for me? (technically wise and scene wise?)

Again: this is an experiment, and I don't need to deliver crazy high-quality photos. My goal is rather to slightly "show off" with some interesting and unusual shots without bothering my models for hours because I am trying 100 different setups with my camera, flash and lenses

Thanks a lot for your help!

TigrouMeow's gear list:TigrouMeow's gear list
Nikon D810 Sony Alpha 7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +3 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow