FZ200. How Many FZ150 Users will upgrade?

Started Jul 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
had2B Forum Member • Posts: 76
Re: May be a dealbreaker for me :(

EVF VIGNETTING MAY BE A BIGGER ISSUE

I bought the FZ150 some months back but returned it when I discovered that I was unable to view the full display thru the EVF, due to not being able to get my eyeball close enough to the viewer. I need to wear my specs at all times (I have astigmatism).

I discovered that the available viewing window on the EVF of the FZ150 is greatly reduced by a black masking which is applied to the inside of the viewing pane. Without that there would be no problem whatever, in my estimation. A ca. 17 x 12mm window is reduced to something like 8 x 6mm by this masking. I reported my observations to Panasonic UK, and they told me they would pass the info on as part of their next "Voice of the Customer" report.

I don't know what the reasoning was for the masking in the first place, but I hope they see fit to reduce it or eliminate it completely in future models, as I suggested — no extra cost involved, maybe something saved. It was very disappointing to have to send back the FZ150, and I really hope the FZ200 will be a keeper.

gail wrote:

Vandyu wrote:

Hi Gail. I don't see any change in the FZ200 EVF as far as Panasonic's having added an eyecup or protective coating for glasses. This is probably one reason I'm not hopping to upgrade.

I don't mind the manual switching between the LCD and EVF but, the more I read, I'm beginning to think the lack of a rubberized eyecup is a deal-breaker for me. I want to be able to use the viewfinder almost exclusively like I do on my DSLR.

I'm extremely reluctant to pay $600 for a camera that I have to add some ugly patches in order to use the viewfinder with my glasses? I mean, how much would it cost Panasonic to include a decent eye cup like on some other brand superzooms?

I'm going to call Panasonic this week to get their take on this.

I am so excited about this camera, so much so that I've already started reading the manual for the FZ150 until the FZ200 manual becomes available. But I have a gnawing sensation that I may opt to sit on the sidelines all because of an................eyecup!?!?

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
KDM
KDM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow