bad pixel

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ORothe Junior Member • Posts: 27
Re: bad pixel

regos wrote:

He says they have had no similar issues with the XP-1 so there isn't a precedent.

For the record, I just found the same problem with my X-Pro1. There was also a report in the internet from a user in Singapore, back in March (!).

Personally, I will not send my camera, since I had already bad experiences with the Fuji service here in Germany. The post from Echodyne, who according to his profile lives in the same country as me, is also not very encouraging. To be fair, it is actually not the local service, they are friendly and helpful, but they have to send all cameras for repair to the UK, and that is where strange things appear to happen.

Fortunately Lightroom is able to identify the bad pixel and map them out, so it is not that urgent.

Now if only Fuji could implement the same functionality, which Lightroom has, in a new Firmware release. Actually it seems to exist already - if I increase sensitivity beyond ISO 1000, the stuck pixel is gone.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow