E-7 news

Started Jul 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
SirSeth Veteran Member • Posts: 9,946
Exciting News!

But boy is Olympus slow to keep their promises. We lose a lot of people between every flagship release because of uncertainty, impatience, and seemingly contradictory messages by Olympus. Because they dropped the E-xxx and E-xx line and have seemed to be fixated on micro, I think they risk losing many more users than usual. If they weight till 2013 to start giving hints... that's foolish. The only people who will be around are folks like me that can't afford new cameras often anyhow and are still waiting for the E-5 price to go down.

That said, a pro-OMD and fully functional adapter, or an SLT E-7, or just an adapter that AF 4/3rds lenses on current micro bodies, would be fantastic. There are some video omissions with the E-M5 and if they made a pro-OMD that was an ace for still and serious video and could focus 4/3rds glass that would be my dream camera.

Oh, and add a revolutionary focus assist for manual lenses. Something like focus peeking only better. Maybe a digital split screen focus aid like those seen in the great big SLR viewfinders (only you could move it around the screen). It would be cool to be able to move it via touch on the LCD and be able to change the size of the split screen. What do you think?

Best,
Seth
--
What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

-- hide signature --

wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Sony Alpha a7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow