Another I need help with a purchase decision
I understand the need of getting the best tripod you can afford but what about monopods? Is the a significant different besides weight and/or price?
Folded length, max extended length and number of sections are all issues The first two should be obvious. For the third, the fewer the sections, the more stability you have when it is extended.
I use a Manfrotto 679B (Bogen 3216) 3-section monopod, weighs only 1.4 lb (0.7kg) and folds down to 24.6" (62.5 cm). Extends to 61.8" (157 cm) and is rated to hold 22 lbs.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%