E-M5 Cracked Display

Started Jul 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
monodrift Regular Member • Posts: 120
E-M5 Cracked Display

The other day, I picked up my E-M5 to turn it on. I moved my thumb over to the ON/OFF switch, heard a crack, and saw the the glass covering the LCD display had just cracked. Upon turning on the camera, I could see that the LCD display itself is unharmed.

I am dumbfounded as to how this has happened. I am the only user of this camera, and in the month I've had it I have treated it with care. It has not experienced any impacts, falls, or neglect. For this to happen to a new camera under normal use is completely unacceptable. I have owned and used many cameras for years and never experienced anything like this.

The only plausible explanation I can think of is that during the manufacturing process, it's possible that the screws somewhere in the display were overtightened, putting stress on the glass.

I have a vacation coming up that I specifically purchased this camera for. I have emailed Olympus and will update the thread as my experience with Olympus customer support continues.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow