Canon's mirrorless system camera: first picture!

Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Absolutic
Absolutic Veteran Member • Posts: 5,314
Definitely legitimate

No, it is a real thing. Looks like Canon is going the Nikon route with creating a 'basic consumer who would buy a point-and-shoot, but wants better quality' no dials, no levers, just couple of buttons and you have to dig inside menus to get everything changed, like Nikon J mirrorless. I guess marketing tells Canon that that is what the majority of people want.

I am on the other side of this: my mirrorless is Sony NEX-7, the most advanced mirrorless on planet, a camera that Dpreview says has the best picture quality out of all crop-sensored cameras in the world, be it mirrorless or DSLRS (with crop sensor). My NEX-7 has several dials with direct access to aperture and shutter speed, movable screen, electronic viewfinder the size of DSLR viewfinder, built-in flash and many other goodies.

Which tells me that Canon might introduce another enthusiast model with more access dials etc, for people who care (us here) if they believe there is money in it for them.

-- hide signature --

Absolutic's gear list:Absolutic's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon EOS 6D Olympus E-M1 Fujifilm X-T20 Canon EOS Rebel T7i +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
DKG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow