Best RX100 feature: don't have to buy 10 "must buy" m4/3 lenses

Started Jul 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Mike Fewster Veteran Member • Posts: 6,899
Re: Best RX100 feature: don't have to buy 10 "must buy" m4/3 lenses

Perfectly put Louis.

Having followed the adventures of Photo perzon over what seems like a lifetime, I can only agree that this camera probably meets his needs better than any other of his choices. And I'd agree that it really meets the needs of many other photographers. It might meet some of my needs, but leaves a big gap that has to be filled with either something else as well or something else instead.

I think we should all join hands and rejoice that PP's tortured soul is now at peace, but please PP, just be satisfied with telling us. You don't have to try to convert us.

-- hide signature --

Mike Fewster
Adelaide Australia

aphotographers.

Louis_Dobson wrote:
Simply because it is true does not make it right.

Having said that if it wasn't for lemmings wasting money on kit they don't need and won't use, said kit would be too expensive for those of us who do use it.

So, they may be idiots, but I'm grateful.

In the meantime PhotoPerzon may be amazed to find some Sony P&S is all he needs, but I am not.

Midnighter wrote:

Most of everything is overkill, we live in a consumer overkill society. Back in the days of film in the 80's more pro level 35mm gear was bought by amateurs than pros, I know because I used to sell the stuff. Amateurs would actually shell out far more $$$ (because pros would get business tax rebates) for the same gear and yet they still bought more. Gear differentiation in sales only began with super expensive 35mm lenses and medium format.

Louis_Dobson wrote:

The simple fact is that if one is not a ragingly keen photographer an interchangeable lens camera is overkill.

Mike Fewster's gear list:Mike Fewster's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony a7R II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
tko
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow