What's a good DSLR for bloggers?

Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chris R-UK Forum Pro • Posts: 18,805
Re: M4/3 body with 20mm f1.7

AnandaSim wrote:

Chris, different question altogether - I bought a G2 when I am an Oly user. I prefer the Oly colour. Most times, you may not notice. But the G2 to my eyes gives less vibrant yellows, sky's not as what I like in Oly blue and the pink sometimes seems recessed.

Have you any tips that I can adjust to change the JPEG signature of colours from Panasonic towards Oly in camera? And also in raw?

Do you like Panasonic colours? Any tips?

Ananda,

I am not sure that I can help on this. I shoot raw and process in LR4. I started off with a used G1 and found that LR3 gave very poor colours on some shots. This was a problem that was discussed on the M4/3 forum and one member published a LR profile for the G1 which certainly improved things. I would say that the G1 colours were definitely wrong rather than just being less vibrant.

I eventually sold the G1 and bought a new GH2 to use it for video. I didn't have the same LR3 colour problems with the GH2 which gives pretty consistent colours to my Canon 7D. With LR4 I can't tell without looking at the file name or EXIF data which camera took the image.

The GH2 (which I now use for almost everything except wildlife) gives colours that I find very pleasing and I don't normally have to adjust them in LR except maybe for a small boost in vibrance.

I use the GF1 almost exclusively indoors so the colours are very different anyway depending on the lighting and I normally have to tinker with the WB. I haven't really done a test of GF1 v GH2 v 7D colours.
--
Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow