Mod exif to correct date shot

Started Jul 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
incoherent1 Regular Member • Posts: 184
Mod exif to correct date shot

I recently modified (manually, not by syncing to computer) the date/time on my D300 to correct the time, and Murphy having his way, accidently modified the year, setting it back to 2011.

Unaware of my mistake, continued shooting and downloaded a card full of files. "Download" was by via Nikon transfer to:

subfolder: D:/ myphotos/120711 (date of transfer), and files were renamed by date/time shot to be: 110701_001.NEF to 110711_257.NEF.

Now how do I fix this mess? 1. the filenames do not fit my 'system', although they are in a chronologicly named folder; and 2. the 'date/time shot' info in the metadata is wrong, although it is of no major consequence yet, but ?????....

I have latest versions of ViewNX2 and CNX2, as well as Windows Explorer (Vista,SP2_32 bit), none of which I can figure how to make this fix in a batch process.
Many thanks in advance for suggestions.

incoherent1's gear list:incoherent1's gear list
Nikon D810
Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow