“Hidden Information” in the E-M5
The following procedure is from here: http://www.biofos.com/cornucop/hidden.html Scroll down to “Section 2”
• PROCEDURE: TO ACCESS THE HIDDEN CODES/INFORMATION . . .
1. With a charged battery installed hold down the MENU button while switching on the camera.
2. When the LCD lights release the MENU button and immediately press it again, once.
3. In the menu go to SPANNER WRENCH (line 5 OR 6) and press RIGHT.
4. Press DOWN until you are at the LCD brightness screen (line 3).
5. Enter the brightness screen (shows twin adjusters) by pressing RIGHT and then press INFO and OK sequentially.
6. You will see on the LCD 'OLYMPUS' followed by the designation of your camera (eg E-M5).
7. Press in sequence UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, SHUTTER BUTTON and UP for screen 1.
8. You are now in the hidden information screens: RIGHT = screen 2, DOWN = screen 3, LEFT = screen 4.
9. When you have your information simply switch off the camera.
PAGE 1: THESE MAY RELATE TO FIRMWARE VERSIONS FOR VARIOUS CONTROLLER BOARDS IN THE CAMERA.
• R: Shutter RELEASES (number of)
• S: FLASH fires (number of)
• C: ?
• U: USF (Ultra Sonic Filter) number of times it is driven by user and by automatic control of the camera is counted.
• V: ?
• B: Number of shots taken with IBIS switched 'ON'
• L: ?
• CS: Serial Number; this should match the serial number on the bottom of the camera body.
• MCS: Main CPU Serial Number, Model No, Year and Month of manufacture.
• CSD: (From E-PL1 onwards) Relevance unknown.
The first four digits of the MCS number are the model code of the camera and the next three digits relate to the year and month of manufacture:-
• D: Damage Codes
My new E-M5 gallery.
A Triptych of my favorite tree at Sunset.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%