Sigma Em-140 Macro Flash help needed
I'd expect the flash is not compatible with the Pentax through the lens metering. Pentax uses a P-TTL system where there is a pre-flash where exposure is measured, followed the main flash. The time between the two flashes is quite short so it appears there is only one flash.
To test your P-TTL, use the built-in flash and install a Pentax kit lens or DA prime, and turn on the 2 second self timer. When you press the shutter release, you will see the pre-flash and then 2 seconds later you will see the second flash. Then you can see if this works with the Tamron mounted and then turn off the built-in flash and use the Sigma flash.
This should tell you what's causing the problem.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%