Hi new here, got a coolpix P510 and thought I would share my early results, hope you.

Started Jul 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP gbarr Junior Member • Posts: 28
Re: Hi new here, got a coolpix P510 and thought I would share my early results, hope

This is my first "proper" camera, got it after a trip to London and realized that the phone camera didn't quite cut it. Wanted something that I could experiment more with the manual settings even if not in full manual, but not going to be a really expensive paper weight if I don't use it as much as I hope I do now.

Camera is very easy to use and have not had many problems, think the autofocus gets a bit confused if it has timed out then comes back on, image stabilisation is very good even at full zoom handheld. I have no complaints, but that may be because I dont have any really high expectations.

Was £305, and got the accessories (case,memory card, battery and dual charger) on amazon with some vouchers left over from christmas, highly reccomend searching on the net for these things as i believe the local shops would have charged about £120 for things I found for £50.

At the moment think I may have a new hobby, love reading through different sites for interesting topics and thing that people shoot.

gbarr's gear list:gbarr's gear list
Nikon D5200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm F2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM | C
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow