Upgradind USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 possible?
I have the same Mac Book and I use Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 over USB 2.0. It works well enough. Some day I will replace this laptop as the battery only lasts about 30 minutes per charge.
I have not tried the express card conversion, but I have a Mac Pro desktop with a CalDigit 3.0 card added. While the card works fine with other peripherals, it causes a computer crash when the D800 is plugged in.
I would be careful about adding a third party USB 3.0 as it may or may not do the same for you.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4