7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dixa Contributing Member • Posts: 808
Re: 7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

your argument is far less relevent since the cost difference between a brand new 7d and a brand new 5d mk 2 is less than the price of that 10-22 brand new.

a 10-22 3.5-4.5 ef usm vs. a 17-40 f/4 L usm with around a difference in price of $100 as well.

Alastair Norcross wrote:

Dixa wrote:

DSHAPK wrote:

Fwiw, I chose practicality. The proof is in the pudding, not a mountain of stats.

and you cant escape the freedom that a full frame camera gives at the wide end. pixels notwithstanding, your 17mm being a 17mm instead of only viewing 27mm opens up an entire new world of photographic options without having to invest in a fish eye lens.

This consideration hasn't been relevant for about 7 years now. That's about how long the 10-22 has been available. There are now so many excellent ultra wide lenses for APS-C that it's amazing that people still trot out this silly line about full frame having an advantage at the wide end. I have never wanted wider than 10mm on APS-C, which gives an equivalent view to 16mm on full frame. Even if I did, I could now get the Sigma 8-16. No need to invest in a fish eye lens at all.
--
Alastair
http://anorcross.smugmug.com
Equipment in profile

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow