7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
qianp2k Forum Pro • Posts: 10,350
Re: Bad example

Jerry-astro wrote:

jack69 wrote:
This individual enjoys baseless criticism and mud slinging.

Here is a quote posted by Mike Arledge and addressed to FF "... your images are flat and dull."
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1020&message=41927507

Well, since we're talking about "baseless criticism" and "mud slinging", you'll probably need to find a better example. The OP of that thread must have been looking for feedback (or certainly didn't discourage it), and if you're going to post images for critique here, you better have a thick skin. Some of that feedback will be pretty direct. In this case, while the message may have been a touch harsh, I happen to think it was right on. I didn't care for the images either. However, that may have been the look the OP was trying to achieve, like it or otherwise.

I am amused to read their responses to each other in that thread, how funny Pot calling the kettle black

There's a long history of harsh words between these two guys. I also happen to agree that a lot of Peter's opinions on FF in comparison with crop are pretty well bunk. However, there's no converting a true believer, so for the most part, I just grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.

You will read virtually every APS-C owner after switching to 5D2 said WOW..in 5D forum if you search. Lots of them migrated last year when 5D2 package was sweet. It is real if you ever try.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow