7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dixa Contributing Member • Posts: 808
Re: 7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

DSHAPK wrote:

Fwiw, I chose practicality. The proof is in the pudding, not a mountain of stats.

as well as experience. newbies have no real business with a 5dmk3 unless they have more money than they need.

however the visual difference on a print from a full frame dslr vs. an aps-c sized is the type of tasty pudding bill cosby would be proud of

i just want to add to this discussion - i'm sure that there are aps-c + lens combos that put out a shot that corner to corner beats something in the same resolution on a full frame camera from a purely pixel-peeping perspective

but photography isnt about peeping those pixels. it's more than that. some of the greatest photographs in the last 100 years were not shot on top of the line equipment.

and you cant escape the freedom that a full frame camera gives at the wide end. pixels notwithstanding, your 17mm being a 17mm instead of only viewing 27mm opens up an entire new world of photographic options without having to invest in a fish eye lens.

the 7d and 5d's are very close in price now. the only choice comes down to full frame vs. aps-c. everything else is relative to YOUR skill behind the lense.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow