7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dixa Contributing Member • Posts: 808
Re: 7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

shrug. plenty of photographers get paid for their work but lack the artistic or technical talent many amateurs have (read: US olympic team photos!!)

i started out working in a photo lab. processed the work of many professionals. almost got into weddings when i saw how poor the quality some of these $5k-a-weekend guys were putting out, yet amazed with the photographer down the street with a tiny student portraits studio could have literally been a spokesperson for Portra 160 NC his stuff was that good. then i remembered i'm rather lazy...

people get caught up on the pixel peeping and tech a lot and forget that no matter how good the camera is, it can never make up for poor education/technique.

i almost laugh at the number of threads i see with people recommending bryan petersons understanding photography. i used to preach by that book when i sold cameras through 2004. so very glad it has mainstreamed.

i have sold all of my dslr bodies and lenses. herniated a few discs in 2005 and i am simply unable to carry a simple dslr anymore (with a quality lens of course). now i just use a panasonic fz150. does pretty much what i need it to do. not perfect, but i don't need to use the cane as often.

qianp2k wrote:

don't waste time to F&F. he never own and experience any 5D series cameras and he even doesn't have good 7D photos that camera he no longer own. his only purpose jumping into is for trolling and picking up fight. nobody could understand why he is so mad on 5D series cameras. ask him to post his 7D photos first and he doesn't have any 5D/5D2/5D3 photos. just check his DPR gallery to get an ideal what amateur photos he posted based on his boasted "22-yr professional" experiences. that's it? he got kidding everyone.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow