7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Faintandfuzzy Veteran Member • Posts: 3,328
Re: 7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Dixa wrote:

something i'm hoping the op is considering is that if he's doing it right, he will always have a good amount of throw aways.

that being said it really only boils down to one simple decision: full frame, or no full frame.

how often do you rely on the long end of your lens collection? how often have you wished you had wider than you can get now?

everything else is gravy. i shot motocross and supercross with a canon D60 and canon 300mm f/2.8 non is. due to the low price difference between a new 7d and new 5dmkII i would go for the full frame sensor.

the difference between a full frame sensor and an aps-c really is night and day.

Can you post a side by side comparison between the two showing the night and day difference? Many of us have and the difference doesn't even show in a 16x24 print....even at 800 or 1600 iso, but never at 100 to 400. I'm interested in seeing the huge difference. Thanks.

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow