7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

Started Jul 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
qianp2k Forum Pro • Posts: 10,350
Re: 7D or 5Dmkii - same discussion, with a twist

TTMartin wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Myth or Science? Let's not take blah you said vs blah I said but check a well respected very creditable third party independent tests from DXO lab...

So, you choose Myth.

I own both 5D2/5D1 and 60D so they are not a myth to me at all. I speak from my own experiences and my sample photos above should eliminate any doubts of 5D2 and 17-40L IQ.

DxO well respected very creditable third party, I couldn't stop laughing when I read this.

Read all forums. DXO tests are very scientific and accurate and indeed respected overwhelmingly in photography world. Please tell details any mistakes you think DXO did in these tests. DXO for example tested and found 5D3 sensor has not much difference from 5D2's one and indeed it's. 7D sensor is the same as in 60D and 550D and as a matter of fact, latter two are based on further tweaked sensor and therefore very slightly better than 7D in high ISOs that confirmed in DPR lab tests. Unlike some fanboys I don't defend my gear with any prices. For example I agreed 5D2 has high read-noise (as from all Canon sensors) and banding in low ISO If you push too much, all these are confirmed in DXO test compared to Sony/Nikon sensors for example.

BTW, F&F is a well known troll. He jumped into threads only for picking up fights. He never own and experience any 5D series cameras and he has no substances to backup his claims. I completely ignore him but he keeps stalking me and I don't think DPR will tolerate his behaviors. As a matter of fact, one of his posts that he used abusive words had been deleted by DPR moderator that is a warning signal to him. He will be banned if he continues his trolling tactic.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow