Oly epl-1 still worthy?

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
revio Senior Member • Posts: 1,765
Re: Oly epl-1 still worthy?

It goes for around the same price in Sweden where I live, and I can only say regarding IQ per dollar/pounds/kronor, it is absolutely worth it!

Slow AF, for moving subjects, yes, and not very low noise at over 800 ISO...but very sharp and in my view one of the best PENs to hold. The grip is good, but the "feel" may be a bit plasticky. Still, a good very nice camera at a bargain price nowadays. Noise Filter etc are configurable as in the more luxurious PENs...and you can get adapters etc and a bunch of VERY FINE lenses all after your wishes, needs and budget as time goes.
Try it in your hands first of course, and do you like it, get it!

Personally I did find the standard kit lens (Oly micro 4/3 14-42mm first version), to be more than adequately sharp, but some say they did not. I compare it to my own standard 4/3 kit lens, the 14-42/3.5-5.6, and can only say both are better than most any kit lenses in that zoom range out there, sharpness wise.

-- hide signature --

Aim & Frame

revio's gear list:revio's gear list
Konica KD-500 Zoom Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow