A question about recomposing.

Started Jul 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
blogan Contributing Member • Posts: 683
A question about recomposing.

Hey guys, I'm reading Bryan Petersen's book and it has proven to be very helpful. One question though is he is always saying, "I took a light reading, focused, and recomposed the shot."

I'm just not sure about the recomposing part. I know what recompose means but why would you do that, or is it just another way of saying you pointed the camera at a light source to get a reading and the act of putting the subject back in the viewfinder is just literally referred to as recomposing the shot? Meaning every time I move the camera away from the subject and then move it back again, that is what everyone means by saying recomposing the shot?

I'm thinking it could be what I stated above or could it be true recomposition, where you are doing something completely different with the subject, which doesn't really make sense to me.

So I'm thinking it is just photo jargon that when ever you move the camera off of the subject and put it back that is referred to as recomposition.

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow