Sigma 30 EX DN E is even BETTER as a manual focus lens!!
So I have had my fair share of gripes with the AF system in the NEX-5N. I don't use the camera as much as I thought I would mainly due to this. I have legacy MF glass but not at the focal lengths I prefer and I am not very fast when focusing.
I decided to try my Sigma 30 EX DN E lens with the camera in MF mode. WOW, what a revelation!! It is so fast to focus and with the compulsory zoom when you start spinning the focus ring, you nail focus every time.
This new discovery is going to breath life into my use of the NEX, and I thought others might benefit similarly.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jul 8, 2012|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!